We remain open to provide care for your pets. We are following the direction of government and regulatory authorities and have implemented hospital and visit protocols to keep both you and our team safe. For regular updates on our hours and visit protocols, please follow our social media platforms.
I knew from a very young age that I needed to look after animals. I remember vividly at the age of three, I was playing with all the dogs in the neighbourhood and had a strong will to protect them from harm. Deciding which career path to take was never an issue for me. I graduated Ridgetown College in 1995, with a degree in Veterinary Technology. I have continued to further my education, specializing in Ultrasound. My family have been clients at Park Road Veterinary Clinic since I was a child. In high school, I applied to do my co-op course here and after co-op, I was hired as kennel help and assistant to a groomer. I worked my way up to veterinary assistant and finally, technician.
I am most interested in helping the veterinarians to diagnose and treat illness. It is an amazing feeling to watch pets recover from illness and go home to their families. One of my favourite things about Park Road Veterinary Clinic is the great team I work with, they all go above and beyond to help clients and their pets. I also love our facilities and our extensive in-house diagnostic equipment. Fun fact about me is that I have another exciting part-time job drug testing show horses and racehorses. My first pet was a dog named Spunky; I remember being very angry at my mom for making me come home from the park one day, but my heart melted when she showed me the little Labrador and Collie mix puppy sitting in our kitchen.
Due to the close contact that our work requires, we have taken additional measures to protect you and our team while providing care for your furry family members.
The following changes are effective as of Wednesday, March 18, 2020:
1. We are currently operating a “closed waiting room” policy to protect our clients and staff. When you arrive, please remain in your vehicle and use your cell phone to call us at 519-759-3031. We will take a history from outside of your vehicle, and bring your pet into the clinic for an examination with the veterinarian. We will then return to your vehicle with your pet to discuss our recommended treatment plan. If you do not have a cell phone please knock our door to let us know you have arrived and then return to your vehicle.
2. We are continuing to accept appointments for urgent or sick pets, as well as time-sensitive puppy/kitten vaccinations. All other services will be scheduled for a later time.
3. We are still OPEN with the following hours: Monday to Friday: 8:00 am - 6:00 pm. Saturday: 9:00 am - 3:00 pm. Sunday: Closed.
4. If you are ordering food or medications, please allow 3-5 business days as our suppliers are dealing with increased demand and are trying to fill orders as quickly as possible. We will advise you as soon as your order arrives. Please call us when you arrive to pick up your order, but do not enter the hospital. Our staff will bring your order to your car and take payment over the phone. You can also use our online store and have your food delivered directly to your home. To sign up for the online store, visit our website.
5. For the time being, we are not accepting cash as payment. Credit cards and debit card payments are still available.
6. Online consultations are now available! If you wish to connect with a veterinarian via message, phone or video, visit our website and follow the "Online Consultation" link.
7. Following the recommendations of our government and medical experts, we are doing our best to practice social distancing within the constraints of our roles. As such, we have taken measures to avoid both contracting and facilitating the spread of this virus.
Thank you for helping us be diligent for everyone's safety. As we have heard from all levels of government, the situation is fluid and any updates will be provided as changes occur.
- Your dedicated team at Park Road Veterinary Clinic