We remain open to provide care for your pets. We are following the direction of government and regulatory authorities and have implemented hospital and visit protocols to keep both you and our team safe. For regular updates on our hours and visit protocols, please follow our social media platforms.
Growing up, my household was always filled with animals. From rodents to birds, dogs and horses, we pretty much had it all. I knew from a very young age that my passion was working with animals. After I graduated high school in 2015, I set out to Australia where my eagerness to work with animals only grew. After coming back from my oversea travels in April 2017, I was looking at reputable clinics in the area for my dog. Time and time again I was seeing reviews on how caring and hard working the staff at Park Road were and when I was offered a job, I couldn't have been more thrilled to join such a compassionate team. I have found quite the interest in radiology and ultrasound. Working alongside the doctors/technicians and seeing them interpret the views we get is so fascinating to me and I hope one day to do the same. My favourite thing about working in the clinic would be seeing young pups come in for their first/second/third set of vaccines, and watching them grow up over the years! The thing I find most rewarding about working at Park Road is being able to go to work every day with a smile on my face, it's something that not everyone has the opportunity to do. I love being in a position that allows me to learn and grow on a day-to-day basis, and the team here is one that can't be beat!
A fun fact about myself is that during my first year in Australia, I bought myself a beautiful Border Collie, named Atlas. He is the first dog I have owned myself, and we are quite the duo! Another fact is that my first pet was a lop-eared rabbit named Buster. My mother wouldn't let us get a dog then so we used to take him on walks and bring him to the park. He lived until he was about 11 years old!!
Due to the close contact that our work requires, we have taken additional measures to protect you and our team while providing care for your furry family members.
The following changes are effective as of Wednesday, March 18, 2020:
1. We are currently operating a “closed waiting room” policy to protect our clients and staff. When you arrive, please remain in your vehicle and use your cell phone to call us at 519-759-3031. We will take a history from outside of your vehicle, and bring your pet into the clinic for an examination with the veterinarian. We will then return to your vehicle with your pet to discuss our recommended treatment plan. If you do not have a cell phone please knock our door to let us know you have arrived and then return to your vehicle.
2. We are continuing to accept appointments for urgent or sick pets, as well as time-sensitive puppy/kitten vaccinations. All other services will be scheduled for a later time.
3. We are still OPEN with the following hours: Monday to Friday: 8:00 am - 6:00 pm. Saturday: 9:00 am - 3:00 pm. Sunday: Closed.
4. If you are ordering food or medications, please allow 3-5 business days as our suppliers are dealing with increased demand and are trying to fill orders as quickly as possible. We will advise you as soon as your order arrives. Please call us when you arrive to pick up your order, but do not enter the hospital. Our staff will bring your order to your car and take payment over the phone. You can also use our online store and have your food delivered directly to your home. To sign up for the online store, visit our website.
5. For the time being, we are not accepting cash as payment. Credit cards and debit card payments are still available.
6. Online consultations are now available! If you wish to connect with a veterinarian via message, phone or video, visit our website and follow the "Online Consultation" link.
7. Following the recommendations of our government and medical experts, we are doing our best to practice social distancing within the constraints of our roles. As such, we have taken measures to avoid both contracting and facilitating the spread of this virus.
Thank you for helping us be diligent for everyone's safety. As we have heard from all levels of government, the situation is fluid and any updates will be provided as changes occur.
- Your dedicated team at Park Road Veterinary Clinic