We remain open to provide care for your pets. We are following the direction of government and regulatory authorities and have implemented hospital and visit protocols to keep both you and our team safe. For regular updates on our hours and visit protocols, please follow our social media platforms.
We are excited to announce that Park Road Veterinary Clinic is launching our inaugural Feline Focus! It may be the dog days of summer, but August is officially Happy Cat Month! This month, make sure every cat in your life is living as happy and healthy as possible by taking advantage of our promotions, including discounted blood work for felines and 50% off the enrollment fee for our Optimum Care Cat Plans.
As a member of your family, your cat deserves the best possible care. A cat reaches the approximate human age of 15 by their first birthday and the approximate human age of 24 by their second birthday. Each year after that, they age approximately four cat years for every calendar year. This means your 8-year-old cat would be 48 in human years! One of the best ways to ensure your cat stays healthy is to make sure they have an annual check-up. Senior cats and those with chronic conditions should be seen bi-annually because a lot can happen in a cat year.
Cats are masters of hiding signs that they are sick or in pain, meaning serious health conditions can develop before you notice anything is wrong. Veterinarians are trained to spot changes and abnormalities, so an annual exam is a way to detect problems before they become more difficult to treat, or turn into medical emergencies. Your cat’s weight should also get checked regularly because just an extra three pounds can put them at risk for diabetes, heart, respiratory and kidney disease, and more.
Help your cat live a happy and healthy life by calling us at 519-759-3031 to schedule an appointment for your feline family member today!
Due to the close contact that our work requires, we have taken additional measures to protect you and our team while providing care for your furry family members.
The following changes are effective as of Wednesday, March 18, 2020:
1. We are currently operating a “closed waiting room” policy to protect our clients and staff. When you arrive, please remain in your vehicle and use your cell phone to call us at 519-759-3031. We will take a history from outside of your vehicle, and bring your pet into the clinic for an examination with the veterinarian. We will then return to your vehicle with your pet to discuss our recommended treatment plan. If you do not have a cell phone please knock our door to let us know you have arrived and then return to your vehicle.
2. We are continuing to accept appointments for urgent or sick pets, as well as time-sensitive puppy/kitten vaccinations. All other services will be scheduled for a later time.
3. We are still OPEN with the following hours: Monday to Friday: 8:00 am - 6:00 pm. Saturday: 9:00 am - 3:00 pm. Sunday: Closed.
4. If you are ordering food or medications, please allow 3-5 business days as our suppliers are dealing with increased demand and are trying to fill orders as quickly as possible. We will advise you as soon as your order arrives. Please call us when you arrive to pick up your order, but do not enter the hospital. Our staff will bring your order to your car and take payment over the phone. You can also use our online store and have your food delivered directly to your home. To sign up for the online store, visit our website.
5. For the time being, we are not accepting cash as payment. Credit cards and debit card payments are still available.
6. Online consultations are now available! If you wish to connect with a veterinarian via message, phone or video, visit our website and follow the "Online Consultation" link.
7. Following the recommendations of our government and medical experts, we are doing our best to practice social distancing within the constraints of our roles. As such, we have taken measures to avoid both contracting and facilitating the spread of this virus.
Thank you for helping us be diligent for everyone's safety. As we have heard from all levels of government, the situation is fluid and any updates will be provided as changes occur.
- Your dedicated team at Park Road Veterinary Clinic